Those who suffer from allergies are most commonly suffering from seasonal allergies. These are the kinds of allergies which are generally caused by the inhalation of the pollen from different trees and other sources. The body reacts to the pollen as if it is being attacked bacteria or other outside forces which need to be attacked. It uses histamines to attack your healthy cells which cause the reaction that you feel.
The majority of people who suffer from these problems suffer from the same kinds of symptoms. These include:
- Stuffy nose
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Swollen eyelids
- Itchy eyes which are red and watery
- Itchiness throughout the head
- Post-nasal drip
- Dry cough
Those who feel a combination of these symptoms may want to speak with their doctor. They will run a blood test on you to see where your allergen level is at. If it is elevated, it is a good chance that you are suffering from some kind of problem. They will be able to prescribe to you medication which will help you in maintaining your allergies so that you will be able to go outside again.
The types of seasonal allergies are generally linked to the cause of the reaction. These include:
- Tree Pollen – This is common during the spring when the buds from winter start to go into bloom.
- Ragweed – Fall allergy which is perhaps the most common of all allergic reactions.
- Fungus – Summer allergy which occurs from the mold which clings to dead leaves.
- Grass Pollen – The pollen from the grass is released between late spring and early summer.
Understanding your allergy will help in pinpointing the kind of medication which will work best in alleviating it. While blocking the histamines with an anti-histamine works, it is also extremely effective in making you fall asleep. The seasonal allergy medication which works better tends to pinpoint certain kinds of allergic reactions so you can feel less drowsiness while still getting the help you need.